Arming the nativity scene at home is almost as important a ceremony as it is to assemble the Christmas tree. Big and small wait with anxiety to build the birth and achieve that decoration that we all hope and can never miss for the holidays.
But achieving a nativity scene with all the characteristics is not easy work. That is why today we give you a series of tips to take into account when putting it together.
The tips are:
- Choose the right place: it must have enough space to place all the pieces and accessory decoration. Likewise it should not be lost sight of, it has as much prominence as the Christmas tree.
- Defining the space will help you define the size of the nativity scene you are going to make.
- Choose what you will highlight: it can be the portal, the star, the Holy Family; or the whole set.
- It is advisable that you have space to make a river and have different stables with animals. The river can be done with blue or silver wrapping paper, placing small stones on the edges to delimit it; or with a crystal that you can paint with temperas.
- The spaces and heights can be disguised with pastures, small trees, sand, etc.
- Pay special attention to the way of making the way of the kings, which differs from the rest of the spaces. You can use soil, sand or even bread crumbs to make it.
- Remember to have pieces of shepherds, women, children, and you can even build small rustic houses that can be seen before the stable where Jesus is.
- You can use lights to illuminate and give different effects.
- It is advisable that the stable of the Lord be at a higher height than the rest of the decoration, the most important.
If you want to send us the picture of your nativity scene you can do it to our mailbox: [email protected] and we will gladly publish it to share it with the rest of our readers.