The materials you will need are
- Mild detergent
- Cloth or absorbent paper.
- Scourer of esparto.
Step by Step
Tip: remove the container from the fire if it is necessary to add any flammable product, and do not forget to protect your hands with rubber gloves.
2. Clean by wetting the sponge in the solution and pass it all over the surface to be cleaned. According to the amount and resistance of the dirt, rub with more aggressive utensils: scourer, metal brush, toothed spatula, etc.
3. Rinse the surface with clean water in order to remove the detergent and neutralize its action. There should be no residues of the product, as they could damage the wood. Change the water as many times as necessary.
4. It dries, because the humidity is harmful for the wood, so it is necessary to minimize the time of exhibition of this so much to the detergent as to the water. With a cloth or absorbent paper, remove as much rinse water as possible.
5. When the surface has dried, crush the fiber of the wood, since the contact with moisture will have suffered a slight lift. Use a scouring pad of esparto, fine aluminum or fine sandpaper.
Finally, it can be said that it is common to find furniture interiors lined with some material, for example, adhesive paper. To remove it, first soften the paper with very hot water and then lift it with a toothbrush or toothbrush. Then rub the wood with a mop moistened with acetone to remove the traces of glue.