If you love to read and in your home you have a wide collection of books, why not create a library at home where you can save your books with style ? Believe it or not, making a library does not require too much space as you think, so take a look at these ideas. You will surely like them!
What you will need to make a library at home
You do not need very much space to create a library at home , although occupying an entire room would be ideal. In addition to your book collection you will need the following:
- Shelves : they are a fundamental element to make a library at home. Make an inventory of your books to calculate the amount of space on the shelves that you will need for your library. If you want it to look much smarter, choose wardrobe cabinets with drawers, doors and other storage options.
- illumination : add lights that illuminate your shelves. If you can use recessed lights better, but if you do not get it use LED lights and strips of lights that work only with batteries.
- Chairs Add chairs that are comfortable to read and a bench or desk to support your books. If you are transforming a guest room, a futon or a sofa bed could serve as a seat and turn as a guest bed.
- Stairs : depending on the height of the shelves, a staircase could be a functional and decorative element.
- accessories : add plants, flowers and paintings that help you personalize the space.
Now that you know what you need to create a library at home , look at these library ideas to get inspiration:
Bookstore ideas for small spaces
Bookstore ideas with a built-in seat
Libraries that make the most of space
Libraries with beautiful shelves
Library ideas with stairs
Libraries for the study area or office