Who does not have in his house some glass jars or vases that he does not use or that has been brought as a souvenir from a party? If you are like me, it is likely that you have a large number of them that have always cost you to separate. What do you think if you give a new look painting them easily in just a couple of hours? Go and find them and keep reading this post in which I will teach you paint glass jars .
Maybe you may also be interested: Tips to decorate like a professional
You will need to:
- Transparent glass vases or jars
- Painting to work on glass (without oven)
- Paper towel
How to paint glass jars step by step
- Wash the glass jars with soap and hot water.
- Rinse and wipe them with a paper towel soaked in alcohol.
- Let them dry completely. Both this step and the previous one are important, since they ensure that the paint is well adhered.
- Place a considerable amount of paint inside the jar or vase and with a brush spread it upwards.
- Add more paint if necessary so that the entire interior of the vase is well covered.
- Let the first layer dry completely, (I would wait at least 24 hours to make sure it is dry), and give it another more hand.
- Repeat again if you wish.
Tips for painting glass jars
- If you are thinking of painting several vases to put them all as a centerpiece, make sure to choose a varied selection of shapes and heights that will add interest.
- If you are painting a vase with a long neck, use your fingers to paint and reach the narrowest part.
- Let the paint cure before filling the painted glass jars with water. Some paintings require 21 days of rest.
- If you direct the bottle to the light you will be able to see in which parts more paint is missing.
Did you like this post about how to paint glass jars ? Leave your comments